Repository navigation
doc.rust-lang.org/nightly/nightly-rustc is down #83914
Description
Activity
- addedT-infraRelevant to the infrastructure team, which will review and decide on the PR/issue.Relevant to the infrastructure team, which will review and decide on the PR/issue.C-bugCategory: This is a bug.Category: This is a bug.I-prioritizeIssue needs a team member to assess the impact. Will be replaced by P-{low,medium,high,critical}Issue needs a team member to assess the impact. Will be replaced by P-{low,medium,high,critical}
on Apr 6, 2021 Hm, I wonder if this is a similar bug to the one fixed due to link check failure during the bootstrap bump.
FYI,
/nightly/stdworks fine—it seems to just be/nightly/nightly-rustc.Yeah, almost certainly the bootstrap bump. cc @ehuss (just a heads up, I plan to submit a patch soon, though haven't written it yet)
Reacted by Noah Lev and Federico PoliMy guess without too much investigation is that the symlink_dir_force which intends to share the compiler-doc directory between rustdoc and rustc docs is ending up clobbered. I likely won't get around to a fix tonight but may be able to do so tomorrow, we'll see how much time I have.
Reacted by Noah LevI'm also happy to revert the change on beta, if you want, so there isn't a rush to fix things.
Yeah, I think we should do that - there's enough stuff broken in rustbuild that's not really of the too unusual kind (well, really just two cases, but they seem fairly typical). I'd rather we drop it from beta and either pursue resource-suffix as suggested by @jyn514 or at least tackle the bugs in rustbuild on a less urgent timescale before relanding. (Ideally we should figure out what people should do; rustbuild's approach to just building twice seems pretty... suboptimal; I imagine that the fix for this newly found bug will end up similar if I do it quickly).
Reacted by jynOK, I have posted rust-lang/cargo#9332. I'll push through the changes, though it may take at least a few days to get beta updated and then bump the version.
Reacted by jyn and Noah LevYeah. I think I'm not sure there's as easy a fix in this case (unlike the simple add of a double core build), as the clobbering occurs over two different steps I believe. So I think we'll wait for that patch to land and bump beta. (We could also temporarily remove, say, rustdoc or rustc docs - but that doesn't seem like a real benefit).
Reacted by jynThanks for the speedy fix! The docs are back online now (because it's a bit after midnight UTC). I'm glad they're back :)
- removedI-prioritizeIssue needs a team member to assess the impact. Will be replaced by P-{low,medium,high,critical}Issue needs a team member to assess the impact. Will be replaced by P-{low,medium,high,critical}
on May 16, 2023
I think it was working yesterday, but https://doc.rust-lang.org/nightly/nightly-rustc/ is giving a "Not Found" response for me. https://doc.rust-lang.org/beta/nightly-rustc/ works fine, however.